ENTER THE LEXUS ECO CHALLENGE IN FOUR EASY STEPS.
This STEM competition for grades 6–12 is built on three challenges: Land & Water, Air & Climate, and an invitation-only Final Challenge. See below for how to enter.
- The Teacher Advisor (a full-time teacher employed by the school, not a volunteer) selects a team of 5–10 students.
- The team chooses an environmental topic that impacts your community—see the list of topics to choose from below.
- The team implements an Action Plan and reports on the results. Entries are submitted via PowerPoint or our online tool. Download the Action Plan template below.
- No team may participate more than once within the same challenge. Teams may enter up to two Action Plans—one for Land & Water and one for Air & Climate.
Official Rules Prizes Judging
deadlines using the:
And Remember: Two Challenges, Two Chances to WIN and be invited to the Finals!
- Landfills, Waste Management, and Recycling
- Forest Destruction/Deforestation and
- Endangered Species and Loss of Biodiversity
Water Conservation and Fresh Water
- Shrinking Wetlands and Aquatic Habitats
Threats to the world's waterways and
oceans, e.g., poorly managed fishing,
pollution, coastal tourism and development,
Entries Due: 10/17
- Global Warming
- Air Pollution
- Ozone Depletion
- Greenhouse Gases
Fossil Fuels and Renewable
Entries Due: 12/12
Registration for Challenge 3 is invite only.
The thirty-two (32) finalist teams from the prior two
challenges, as determined by the Lexus Eco
Challenge judging process, will be eligible for the