ENTER THE LEXUS ECO CHALLENGE IN FOUR EASY STEPS.
This STEM competition for grades 6–12 is built on three challenges: Land & Water, Air & Climate, and an invitation-only Final Challenge. See below for how to enter.
- The Teacher Advisor (a full-time teacher employed by the school, not a volunteer) selects a team of 5–10 students. Then click “Enter Now” above to register your team.
- The team chooses an environmental topic that impacts your community—see the list of topics to choose from below.
- Students create a PowerPoint presentation using the Action Plan template (download below) to describe how they can help solve their selected environmental issue. Each Action Plan must be unique to the specific challenge and can be submitted for one challenge only. For tips for you and your students on creating an Action Plan, download the Action Plan Reference Tool and rubric.
- The Teacher Advisor emails the Action Plan PowerPoint presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. No team may participate more than once within the same challenge. Teams may enter up to two Action Plans—one for Land & Water and one for Air & Climate.
Official Rules Prizes Judging
deadlines using the:
And Remember: Two Challenges, Two Chances to WIN and be invited to the Finals!
- Landfills, Waste Management, and Recycling
- Forest Destruction/Deforestation and
- Endangered Species and Loss of Biodiversity
Water Conservation and Fresh Water
- Shrinking Wetlands and Aquatic Habitats
Threats to the world's waterways and
oceans, e.g., poorly managed fishing,
pollution, coastal tourism and development,
Entries Due: 10/16/17
- Global Warming
- Air Pollution
- Ozone Depletion
- Greenhouse Gases
- Fossil Fuels and Renewable Energy
Entries Due: 12/11/17
Registration for Challenge 3 is invite only.
The thirty-two (32) finalist teams from the prior two
challenges, as determined by the Lexus Eco
Challenge judging process, will be eligible for the